Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh spring, I miss you...

So it is about 56 degrees and sunny outside right now. I bet if I stepped out the door, I would hear birds singing. It is no secret that I absolutely love springtime. Anyone who knows me even slightly well could tell you that. I'm one of those people who WILL open up a window and spend the day cleaning happily. I love to watch the earth wake up. Leaves, birds, flowers. Oh the flowers. I'm suddenly wanting to go out in my backyard to see if my tulip bulbs have started to pop through yet. Easy, Priscilla, easy. It's only January. But it feels like spring out there! What a tease.
All this lovely weather has me not only thinking about flowers and frolicking in fields of green (yeah, I'm really pushing it here), but it also has me thinking about something else that begins in spring: wedding season.
I love wedding jewelry. I've made things for brides ranging from elegant and simple to untraditional and wild. I absolutely love doing it. To me, it's the ultimate in custom work.
My favorite part? Why seeing the wedding photos, of course. Knowing that something that I made is immortalized on these photos that people cherish. That I was a small part of such a wonderful day.
So I'm sitting here with my cup of tea (green, for those who wonder such things) and beginning to piece together my next material order.
Because while the weather may not continue to cooperate (D'oh), I can always start making these beautiful creations to get into the springtime spirit.
Come on spring, hurry up. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment